Over options just about every “logo” aka Banner I’ve had over the past nine yrs, from to start with inception until now. The evolution exhibits the development and many not too long ago we dropped our tagline which we have experienced since working day just one.
With each individual passing July, I sit and ponder the beginnings of my weblog Gem Gossip-all that it’s got carried out and accomplished, and all the likely that lies in advance. It had been 9 yrs in the past which i first started out this web site using the sole reason of connecting with some others that really like jewellery just as much as I do. I hardly ever imagined which i could be executing this full-time nine yrs later on and developing my own path. And that i have you ever to thank for all this-those who examine my weblog each day, follow my social media marketing accounts, “like” my shots and deliver encouraging email messages. Thanks. You actually do not know what this means to me and i am for good grateful.
To celebrate this yr, I am reminiscing like insane and sharing along with you some information you may not have regarded about Gem Gossip! I thought this may be considered a entertaining and personal website put up, and I might love to hear some attention-grabbing tidbits about YOU and Gem Gossip. Does a website write-up stick out inside your memory? How did you find or encounter my blog site? Did I allow you to out in a way which i don’t know about? I’d love to know! You could e mail me, compose it while in the remarks underneath, or share on Instagram-I’ll be submitting this on there also.
PS: There will even be a giveaway developing, but I have to strike 160k followers on Instagram very first, so stay tuned!
1. I began my blog to be a result of relocating to Tennessee-after uprooting from your only residence I had ever lived in my total existence in Upstate NY to TN, I’d lots of time on my fingers. I had no occupation, no auto (I offered my car or truck due to the fact I did not need to generate it 11 hours on my own lol), and realized not a soul in my new town. I last but not least chose to devote my time and power into understanding about my major passion I had been carrying all over with me my total life-JEWELRY!
two. I used to be inside of a extensive length romantic relationship on the time I started out Gem Gossip. It was as a consequence of my ex-boyfriend who prompt I should commence a site about jewelry after I’d constantly crammed his inbox every day with long hyperlinks of knickknack which i believed was “really amazing.” He informed me he failed to treatment with regard to the jewelry and that I wanted an outlet to share my passion with some others who felt a similar way!
3. The name “Gem Gossip” was conceived after a brainstorm session with my sisters on what to name my foreseeable future jewelry blog. I realized I could not have my URL be daniellemiele.com simply because No person understands ways to pronounce my last name. It had to be catchy, very simple, relate to jewelry and simple to mention. I had been considering my sister’s manner journals and noticed one particular from the actresses from Gossip Lady over the front address (that clearly show was the preferred all-around that point). I whispered aloud, “Gossip Gem” … after which “Gem Gossip” and everything clicked!
4. A single of my first emails I’ve ever obtained from a jewellery designer was from Carolyn Tyler, after I had featured some of her work on my brand name new weblog. Her email was so encouraging as well as exhilaration which i felt from obtaining positive feed-back was really worth greater than gold to me in that instant. I’ll hardly ever overlook that sort trade.
5. On the flipside of that, I have been given numerous negative e-mail in the last 9 years. One that named me Southern white trash (I’m from NY, so good attempt) and some that poked entertaining of my capabilities that included photographs of me modeling jewelry. This can be both of those alarming on lots of concentrations but also rather comical, in my opinion.
six. The primary 7 many years of writing Gem Gossip ended up all carried out part-time on weekends or immediately after perform. I used to be a nanny for your really first calendar year plus a 50 percent after i moved to Tennessee, after which finally labored full-time at an antique jewelry retail outlet for 5 years. I would sit behind a microscope Tuesday by means of Saturday, which has a pile of knickknack inside a room without windows and crank out appraisals…and after that appear house bursting with resourceful electricity, not wanting to perform nearly anything else other than work on my blog site.
7. A single of my 1st huge composing gigs was for LoveGold-I had no clue in the time the amount I would study in these a constructive way through the two 1/2 a long time of performing with them. I produced particularly 100 items of distinctive material for LoveGold and traveled countless numbers of miles. And i nonetheless can not get adequate of yellow gold.
eight. I at the time experienced a meeting that has a incredibly prestigious superstar stylist. Immediately after understanding I lived in Nashville she asked me about my really like of state new music. I explained to her I hated region music and she retained stating, “So you do not like Taylor Swift? Not even Taylor Swift??” and that i was adamant about not liking Taylor Swift. It was then and there which i realized I could have easily transformed my respond to to better fit our conversation; for her to “like” me. But I failed to. I am who I am and i am not changing for anyone. It’s a memory that also sticks with me to today…and it had been with me a few weeks back when i experienced some significant meetings in NYC.
9. My #JewelryRoadTrip undertaking will involve a great deal of travel, appointment earning and on-the-spot creative imagination when checking out suppliers and designers’ operate spaces. My partner Matt usually may be the photographer driving all my #JewelryRoadTrip characteristics but there was a single large vacation he couldn’t make-all my Pennsylvania protection. My mother wound up coming together with me and using each of the pics. She was SO anxious and required to try and do a good job. I think she did fantastic and it’s however these a memorable journey for both equally of us. It was one particular of your initially literal road excursions in which we drove my Prius up from Nashville and throughout the total condition of Pennsylvania about the study course of four times. My silver bracelet for womenmotor vehicle surpassed the 100k mileage mark on that vacation and we celebrated by feeding on Arby’s (my beloved highway excursion quick food items put…hold out, perhaps I’m white trash?? See #5).
ten. 1 of my most happy times was currently being a co-curator for the Doyle & Doyle Vault series, where the NYC-based antique jewelry shop put on their version of a month-long museum exhibition. I chose the topic of Sentimental Rings and quite a few of my personalized parts, including my grandparents’ wedding bands and my grandma’s engagement ring were a portion in the exhibit. In order for her ring to get to me, my grandma needed to mail me her beloved ring. We both equally have been so anxious for this feat-I had been tracking the package each step of your way. On the working day of delivery, it was pouring rain. My alerts instructed me it had been delivered at my doorstep, but it had been nowhere for being found. I had been having a full-on panic attack more than this. I ran outside within the rain in search on the package. To my surprise, it had been sitting within the stoop of my neighbor a handful of doors down from me. It wasn’t just any neighbor…it had been our neighbor that we have been within a fully committed “poop war” with. What could I possibly mean by this? Effectively his dog would go to the bathroom in our yard almost day by day…so my spouse would take the dog poop and put it on their porch. Dumbest thing at any time, but we have been totally into it in the time lol. I grabbed the package off their porch and ran back household. That working day finished the real diamond necklace“poop war” and they moved shortly afterward, so all crisis averted. (By the way, my grandma’s Italian handwriting is definitely the reason to the incorrect delivery-insert Italian hand gesture meaning WTF).
WANT Much more? Check out my Pinterest board which characteristics everyone’s anniversary posts